Norwex has released a line of plant-derived body care products that includes a Shampoo. I’ve been on the hunt for a natural shampoo that I actually like, so I was excited to put this one to the test! The Shampoo is part of a line called, ‘Lysere.’ Lysere comes from the Norwegian “lys,” meaning “light” or “bright.” This post will be focusing on just the Shampoo and Conditioner in this line, and I’m currently trying the other products in this body care line to see how I like them. The Lysere line also includes: Body polish, Hand Lotion, Body Wash, Body Lotion, and an Illuminating Face Oil.
Why This Shampoo Appeals to Me
Natural products matter to me, because I’m always trying to reduce Body Burden (the buildup of harmful chemicals in our bodies). And not just me, but also for the members of my family. Harmful chemicals built up in our bodies can contribute to health issues. There are many different ways we add to Body Burden, and the products that we put on our body are a part of that.
The Lysere line of products offers skin and hair care options that don’t add to my body burden, since their ingredients, including their fragrance, are plant derived.
About the Shampoo
The Lysere Shampoo contains ingredients like Guar Bean, Pro-Vitamin B5, and all natural Essential oils. Extracts of Sugar Cane and Orange Fruit clean your daily buildup and Bilberry Extract offer antioxidant protection. Sugar Maple smooths the hair.
But: Does It Work?
But at the end of the day, what really matters is: does it actually WORK? I’ve tried plenty of natural products in my hair, and the reality is that some of them are downright awful. My biggest issues is that they either leave a lot of buildup, or they don’t leave my hair feeling very clean.
After using this shampoo for the past number of months, here’s what I’ve discovered: I like it! I will be honest and share that I’ve never invested in ones at this price point. My efforts have been spent scouring my local grocery store for brands that are more on the low end of price. And I hadn’t found a single one I loved. The Lysere brand is higher in price, but I truly like it. The main reason why I like it is because it actually leaves my hair clean! I no longer am dealing with the greasy build-up I’ve experienced from other brands.
What You Want To Know
- Yes, it lathers! Natural shampoos don’t always lather the greatest, since they don’t have sodium laureth sulfate in them (also known as ‘SLSs’). But the Lysere Shampoo has a good lather without any SLSs! I personally love that the conditioner isn’t heavy and hard to rinse out.
- Use just a little. A little goes a long way with these two products! Start with a quarter size, increasing if needed. They both come in very small bottles, but size doesn’t need to concern you, because I’ve discovered that it will last a long time, compared to ‘average’ shampoo.
- The scent of these products is very light, and can be described as citrusy. Those sensitive to fragrance (even natural fragrance) are finding that the scent is light enough to not bother them. Those that tend to get a migraine from scents are reporting that this line doesn’t have that negative side effect for them.
Positive feedback on Lysere Shampoo
- “My hair is very fine and straight. I’ve been using natural shampoos for a couple of years now, and like Lysere better. I need less and it suds more. My hair is tangle free and feels so good. I usually go 3 or 4 days between washes with no problem.”
- “I have thick, long, coloured hair, and it works amazing for me!”
- “I’ve spent SO much money on natural shampoos & conditioners & 2-in-1s in the last two years… Each one left my scalp dry/itchy, or the smell gave me a headache…I’m SO sensitive. (With the) Lysere Shampoo, my hair feels healthy, my scalp is happy and I have zero reactions! “
Different hair types seem to have different results. For example, I’ve been hearing less positive reviews from those with curly hair.
Feedback for Curly Hair
- “I have fine curly hair. I love the shampoo”
Since there are many different hair types, there will be different results for different people. What I love though is that it’s possible to try these products risk-free, since Norwex has a 60-day return policy!
My Only Complaint
I don’t like complaining about products that I sell. Seems a little…counterproductive, ha! But I feel it’s only to fair share the one aspect that I don’t love about this product. And that’s its high price. I personally find this is a very costly natural option, for a small amount of product. While it’s true that you don’t need very much, and it does last a long time, it’s so much more expensive than some of the other natural options available. That makes it inaccessible for some.
With that said, based on my experiences, it does feel like a luxurious product that matches the price. I feel like it will be hard for me to switch to another brand after discovering that I like this one so much!
The Lysere Shampoo has been great on my hair. It’s left feeling clean and non-greasy.
I’d love for you to give this product a try on your hair, and come back and share your experiences in the comments!