Norwex came out with a cute, slender, spray bottle this Fall. There’s already a plastic spray bottle available from Norwex, but this new spray bottle is made with Aluminum. Two choices makes everything just a little more difficult, doesn’t it? Speaking of too many choices, can I just say that I DESPISE the shampoo aisle at the store? Is it REALLY that complicated to wash the dirt out of your hair? There are just too many shampoo choices! And don’t get me started on all of the gels, mousse’s and hairsprays. Gah! Thankfully, when it comes to spray bottles, there’s only TWO to debate over. In this post, I’ll show you why you’d want to choose an aluminum bottle over the plastic bottle, and all the different ways you can use either spray bottle around your house!
What your spray bottle is made of can make an impact, depending on what you’re putting inside. If you’re just filling it with water, no biggie. BUT, if you’re putting essential oils in your spray bottle, this makes a difference! Essential oils can cause “deterioration and permeation” of plastic…so it’s imperative that products containing essential oils are packaged in the right kind of container.”
It’s important to also note that elements outside of the bottle you’re storing your oils in can effect your oils. For example, “sunlight can accelerate the expiration of your essential oils,” so storing your oils in a cool, dark place is recommended. Dark glass or aluminum spray bottles are recommended for essential oils. Since the Norwex aluminum spray bottle is (obviously) dark, it’s a great choice for maintaining the integrity of your oil!
Why I prefer Aluminum Over Glass
Aluminum is both lightweight and more durable compared to glass. The durability of aluminum is especially true if you have little ones around (who are a little clumsy). Or, if I’m around (I’m a little clumsy).
The Many Uses of The Aluminum Spray Bottle
So, why use a spray bottle at ALL? Whether you choose the plastic or aluminum spray bottle, you’ll discover that there are a lot of uses for a spray bottle in your home, especially if you already use some Norwex products and/or essential oils.
Odor Eliminator –
This is a concentrated formula, so it’s always used diluted. I keep a spray bottle of diluted Odor Eliminator in my bathroom so it’s handy. Here is a list of the many different ways I use it:
- Bathroom: After extra long bathroom visits, just mist this in the air
- Smelly Shoes: Freshen up your feet-smelly front entry way, and/or spray right inside the smelly shoes to refresh them.
- Mats and rugs from pet smells
- Diaper pails or the baby’s room
- Furniture or car upholstery that has been sat on my smelly pet friends
- Compost bin under your sink, or in your garbage can in the kitchen.
Norwex Laundry Detergent –
This detergent is not just for the laundry room! A lot of people like to dilute it with water in a spray bottle and use it to clean:
- Stains/drip marks from Stainless Steel
- Spots/stains on carpets, furniture and car upholstery – just spray on the stain, and rub with an EnviroCloth
Essential Oils –
Grab your favourite Norwex Essential Oil Blends, dilute with water, and use to:
- Freshen up the air with just a few mists
- Clean surfaces – Mist onto the surface you’re cleaning. If you miss the ‘smell of clean, ’ the Energizing Blend has citrus aromas, so this will give you some of that ‘zing’ you’re missing. This will leave the surface with a fresh, clean scent.
Just Water –
You don’t always have to be so fancy with this spray bottle! Sometimes, you just need a spritz of water, for things like:
- Misting your hardwood floors with a light spray of water, then following with the Mop system. If you have really shiny hardwood floors, you don’t want your mop pad to be very wet. Misting the floor (or the pad) is an easy way to make the pad the ‘just right’ amount of wet
- Spraying a window or mirror with water, then following with a dry Window Cloth. This is great for quick clean ups. Especially when you need to get your make-up on pronto, and your kids had their toothpaste covered hands all over your mirror!
- Waking up in the morning. This is legit! My kids have recently taken to using this strategy (their own idea) to help them wake up on school mornings. They think a few spritzes of water on the face is both amazing and hilarious.
- Water fights. Yes, this one is also legit. These spray bottles are slender and lightweight, which make them easy to carry around and take aim at a family member! You can adjust the nozzle to either mist or shoot a long straight stream, so take advantage of this opportunity!
Whatever you fill your bottle with, and for whatever job you’re using, the Norwex Spray Bottles have you covered! You can get yours in my shop!