BBQ Chicken Soup in the Slow Cooker
An easy soup for the slow cooker, that is reminiscent of summer, with its BBQ flavour and fresh vegetables.
- 1 each chopped - red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper chopped - red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 1 medium zucchini chopped - unpeeled with seeds
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 4-5 pieces cooked bacon chopped
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn drained (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 4 cups chicken broth homemade or boxed
- 1 ml/28 fl oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/2 - 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Chicken - cooked and cut into bite sized pieces. You can use a rotisserie chicken left over chicken from your fridge, or freshly cooked chicken.
Combine all the ingredients, except chicken, in your slow cooker / crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. About a 1/2 hour before eating, stir in the cooked, chopped chicken.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of fresh cilantro.