Norwex Mattress Cleaner is designed to remove organic material from mattresses, bedding and fabric furniture. It will neutralize and eliminate unpleasant organic odors and get rid of dust mites!
- Gets rid of dust mites and their feces (VERY allergy-causing in many people – snoring, coughing, etc.) and can eliminate allergic reactions
- Gets rid of urine smell and staining (extremely well)
- Only product on the market for elimination and removal of all organic waste inside the mattress
- Environmentally friendly and biodegradable
- Dual function: By use of Zinc complex and micro organisms unpleasant odors and organic material are encapsulated, neutralised and eliminated.
- Minimizes bacteria and dust mite growth
- Continues working until all organic material is removed
- Quick and easy to use
- Cleans where other products are unsuccessful
So Does it Actually Work?
Absolutely! This is an amazing product for anyone who suffers from dust allergies, asthma, or for people who snore! Yes, the Norwex Mattress Spray can reduce or eliminate snoring…. my husband was a snorer, but about month after my first application of the mattress spray, I noticed that that his snoring had lessened noticably – Hooray!!!
I also have customers who no longer have to use their inhalers, now that they’ve started using the Norwex Mattress Spray. Listen to this customers experience:
“Every morning I would wake, and reach for my inhaler (for my tight chest), and then spend the next 30-40 minutes sneezing repeatedly, as my system rid itself of the stuff that had accumulated in my sinuses and chest during my night’s sleep. I used the Norwex Mattress Spray on our bed, pillows and duvet, and waited to see if it would help. Two weeks later, I threw my inhaler in the garbage! No longer was my breathing laboured in the morning, and the sneezing attacks stopped! This mattress spray is worth it’s weight in gold!” (Pattie, Saint John, NB)
HOW TO USE the Norwex Mattress Cleaner:
- Use 2-3 times per year. 10 sprays does a twin mattress, 15 sprays does a queen-size mattress.
- Must be sprayed directly on the mattress (no need to flip), pillows, stuffed animals, furniture or carpet.
- Use it twice a year, every 6 months. For asthmatic households, use it quarterly, every four months.
- NOT for use on non-absorbent crib mattresses (ones with vinyl type covering).
- This is a GREAT product for pet owners!
Questions About the Mattress Cleaner
Why Is It Important To Reduce the Number of Dust Mites In Our Homes?
Dust mites are microscopic. About 50 of them can fit on the head of a pin. Dust mites feast on the fungus that grows from dead skin cells and animal dander. The average adult sheds about 15 lbs of skin cells per year; 80% of that is shed in bed.
On average, one dust mite produces 50 fecal pellets daily .These droppings are the most common cause of dust -related allergies. Approximately 80% of asthmatics are allergic to dust mites.Guess what? It’s not the Dust Mites causing the allergies; it’s the feces they leave behind.
There are millions of dust mites in your home, which live in your furniture, carpet, bed, bedding, and even your children’s stuffed toys. Did you know that 10% of the average pillow’s weight is dust mite feces?
How Does Norwex Mattress Cleaner Work to Get Rid of Dust Mites?
Mattress Cleaner has live, non-pathogenic (not disease causing) bacterial organisms in it, which use “enzymes” to rid the mattress of debris. The enzymes feed on the dead dust mites, dust mite feces, pet dander and dead skin cells, yeast and fungi. These enzymes are like a protein that feed on all the above and will continue to until all are eradicated. The end product is carbon dioxide and water – completely safe. Once there is no longer anything left for the enzymes to feed on they disintegrate.
There is a misconception that the Mattress Spray kills dust mites; the truth is that the mattress spray doesn’t actually KILL anything! It works by eating up organic waste such as dead dust mites and all of their accumulated fecal matter…as well as eating up all of the stuff the dust mites want to eat; i.e., it eats their food too…so dramatically limits their growth – a process microbiologists refer to as competitive inhibition!
I thought microorganisms weren’t neccessarily stable at room temperature?
The microorganisms that live in Norwex Mattress Spray are what are called “shelf-stable.” This means that they’re able to survive at room temperature, basically due to their inability to metabolize nutrients contained in the liquid product (the pH of the liquid is also a factor).
Important Note: The Norwex Mattress Spray DOES NOT kill bed bugs, as it is not an insecticide.