Here are the Pro’s of this Crystal deodorant:
- No aluminum
- Many of us hope to avoid aluminum chloride, since our body can absorb it, and it has been linked to harmful health side effects.
- Made from a natural mineral, amonium alum
- AKA: Alunite, which is not to be confused with aluminum.
- Lasts really long. A year or more!
- I don’t smell!
- Yay! You won’t either! And you know what, I don’t have issues with excessive sweat (and therefore wet armpits) using the Crystal!
Here’s the Con’s
- It requires a little more time to apply than the average deodorant.
- You do need to wet it to apply (or apply right after a shower) and rub it on until the rock/your skin is dry. This can take between 20-35 seconds, depending on how wet the deodorant/your skin is.
- This Crystal Deodorant can start to smell if you don’t rinse it and wipe it off after you use it (and when I say ‘smell,’ I mean ‘barn. Blugh. TMI?). You’ll also need to leave the lid off so it can dry completely.
- You have to be careful where you keep it, because if it gets knocked off a ledge and falls to the floor, it will shatter! Read: keep away from small, wild children
- Your body will need a little time to readjust at first. Your body isn’t used to sweating, if you’ve been using antiperspirant. Those pores are going to unclog and sweat in overtime. So, it’s a bit of a growing pain. But give it two weeks, and you’ll be good to go!