It’s difficult keeping a vehicle clean and orderly – they become like temporary homes, but rarely do they get the same attention and TLC that our houses gets, especially concerning cleanliness.
The messiness factor goes WAAAAAAY up when kids are thrown into the equation….
Toys, shoes, clothes, hats, food wrappers, food still in wrappers, rotting food out of wrappers, kleenex boxes shoved under the seats, ground in mud & dirt, and a host of crumbs and mystery bits in the booster and car seats. Not to mention the stains on the upholstery and the finger prints and smears all over the windows!
It wouldn’t be fair to lay all the blame on the kids though – us grown-ups leave coffee cups and coffee spills, receipts, and old grocery lists, and our own collection of food crumbs.
Normally you would take on the van cleaning challenge armed with MANY different cleaning products – Mr Clean, Windex, Armour-All, lots of rags and a bucket of warm water. However, you’ll be please with how quickly you can clean your vehicle with Norwex, with NO chemical smell lingering when you’re done!
Follow these simple steps to get your vehicle Norwex Clean:
- Thoroughly vacuum the floors and vehicle upholstery – sorry, there’s no Norwex Vacuum!
- Using a wet Norwex Enviro Cloth, wipe down the interior of your car (dash, steering wheel, doors, door handles, etc.), rinsing your enviro cloth with water as needed.
- Again, using your Norwex Enviro Cloth, wipe the insides of your windows – one at a time – and then immediately wipe dry with you Norwex Window Cloth for a streak-free shine!
- If you have one, use the grey Norwex Car Cloth to wipe over all of your clean surfaces – it “buffs” them to a nice shine!
- Next, spray any stains or ground-in dirt on the upholstery with the Norwex Carpet Stain Buster (both floor and seats). Give it a few minutes to penetrate and “eat” the stains, then, using your wet Norwex Enviro Cloth give the upholstery a little scrub. You will be amazed at how well this works!
- Stand in awe of your fresh, clean and serene vehicle…..at least until the kids pile in again!
As for washing the exterior of our van, the Norwex Car Wash Mitt is a favorite with car lovers though… I’d love to hear the opinions of those who’ve used it.
Is the car cloth similar to the window cloth? trying to decide if I need both.
Crystal Moore says
The Car cloth is very big – 25.59″ x 19.69″ compared to the window, which is 17.72″ x 17.72″ This makes polishing the vehicle dry as you wash an easier process. It is also thinner, which is unique to its purposes when used on a car! If just washing and drying the windows on your car, the window cloth does the trick, but I’d recommend the car cloth for the whole vehicle!
Is Car Cloth safe on windows, especially tinted windows? Also if you used the window cloth on tinted windows will it take off the film?
On the back of our house had to tint the windows to help with the heat beating in and I don’t know what is best to clean with. Thanks!!
Hi Lori, I think that you would be safe to use the Car Cloth or the Norwex Window Cloth on the tinted windows of your house. I know many people who use them on their tinted car windows, and have no problems with the cloth taking off the film.
Patti Ooosterhouse says
Because of the dirt on a car, has anyone scratched their car when using just water and the Norwex car mitt?
Suzanne Holt says
Not that I’m aware of. Part of the design of the car mitt and how you use it helps keep pebbles and dirt off the paint.
KERRY LINK says
How do I clean the dry car wash towel?
Kerry, you can launder your car wash towel the same way that you would clean any of the other Norwex cloths. This would be a good post for you to read, Washing Norwex Microfiber.
Terra Triplett says
I love the car wash mitt. It does a wonderful job with just water. I wash my entire outside of my car and polish it with the car cloth and my car looks better than when I take it through the car wash. And it only takes me about 10 minutes to have a nice shiny car! Think of all the money and water I am saving by using this mitt.
Terra, thanks so much for “reviewing” the Norwex car wash mitt for me! This is one product that I haven’t done a full review of, and to be completely honest, haven’t used all that much, so I was so happy to read your comment.