All I can say is the Norwex Carpet Stain Buster is amazing!
It’s meant to remove organic matter, and it “eats” through red wine, baby stains, sick kid stains, urine stains, and anything other protein-based stain you can think of. You can literally watch it happen! It works where chemical cleaning solutions fail, and is truly amazing. Listen to this customers’ experience with the Carpet Stain Buster.
My dad tripped while holding a full glass of red wine, which spilled across my parents’ brand new white wool rug in what can best be described as a blood-spatter pattern.
By the time I got to my parent’s house, the stain was a few hours old and my mom had tried blotting it with a wet cloth and soda water. We sprayed a generous amount of Carpet Stain Buster on the stains, and then waited ten minutes so that we could blot them. By the time the ten minutes had passed, the stains were almost invisible. By the next morning, the stains were totally gone. It was incredible.
Carpet Stain Buster is also a really effective spot cleaner. My friend and I sprayed it on a variety of old and unidentifiable stains (of various sizes and colors) on the basement carpet of the house she just moved into, and it took out almost all the marks.
It did not completely remove one large orange stain, which we think must have been an orange drink of some sort. It did significantly lighten a coffee stain that had been previously attacked with a variety of chemical cleaners, although it did not completely remove it. This could be because it had already been treated and re-treated with other products and the stain was set.
USES for the Norwex Carpet Stain Remover:
- carpets in your home, including area rugs
- VEHICLES – yes, this is a car lovers dream come true. It’s great for all upholstery in cars, trucks, vans, and camping trailers.
- upholstered couches & chairs – please do check in an inconspicuous area first though.
- anywhere that your PET may have made a mess. The Norwex Carpet Stain Remover is a MUST for all pet owners who have carpet in their homes, or who travel with their pets in their vehicles. This product does an incredible job at removing pet urine, vomit, waste, and unpleasant odors from carpet stains without leaving a residue.
NOTE: Norwex says of their Carpet Stain Buster that it keeps working for hours after cleaning, and will not leave residue that attracts new contaminants. I would definitely agree with the part about how it keeps working after the fact, as was the case of the red wine on the wool carpet. But if you use it and forget to blot later, it will start to attract dirt within a few days. However, reapplication of the Stain Buster will fix the problem.
How to Use Norwex Carpet Stain Buster:
- For large areas, soak the soiled area with a mixture of 320 ml (10 oz) of Carpet Stain Buster to 4L (1 gallon) of water. (For smaller jobs, use a mixture of ¼ cup Carpet Stain Buster to 4 cups of water.) Try to soak through the backing and carpet pad as well. Scrub the area with a soft clean cloth. Blot as much moisture out as possible.
- Carpet Stain Buster may be used full strength, but be sure to test it in an inconspicuous area first.
- Pre-treat heavily soiled areas by spraying on a mixture of 200 ml (6 oz) of Carpet Stain Buster to 4L (1 gallon) of water with a spray bottle.
- Let sit undisturbed for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix 32 ml (1 oz) of Carpet Stain Buster to 4L (1 gallon) of water for the Carpet Cleaning machine and extract over pre-treated and all other areas to be cleaned.
NOTE: Norwex recommends using Carpet Stain Buster in your own machine only, as rented machines come with a contract where you agree to use the product specified therein.
NOTE: Always test in an inconspicuous place before using.