Does your front load washing machine smell HORRIBLE?!
Do you feel like you’ve been smacked in the face by an old, dirty, dishcloth, every time you open your front load washing machine door? And do your clothes end up smelling musty when they are finished being washed?
If you did your research before you purchased your front load machine, you would have discovered that a front-load machine uses significantly less water and detergent than a top-load machine….great for your bank account! But the smell! Blech!
“Apparently”, there are things you can do to try to get rid of the odor, like leave the door of the machine open in between cycles to dry it out, wipe out the sludge from the rubber seal around the door, use HE liquid detergent, and use less than half the amount than the bottle instructs you to use.
Unfortunately, at the end of the day, these things don’t seem to solve the problem of a stinky front load washing machine – BUT, there is something that does:
Norwex Laundry Detergent – AKA UPP (Ultra Power Plus)
The Norwex Laundry Detergent significantly reduces (and in most cases completely eliminates) the smell from your front load washing machine. It may take a couple of weeks, or more, of laundry cycles before you start to notice it (takes time to get rid of the stinky sludge in the machine), but it will go away! Hooray!!!
Here are some fabulous facts about this detergent:
- Norwex Laundry Detergent is highly concentrated. For a top-load machine, you only have to use 1-2 tablespoons per load, and for a front load washing machine the amount needed is reduced to 1/2 – 2 teaspoons per load of laundry
- Norwex Laundry Detergent contains no fillers or perfumes, which means that there is no filler residue left on your clothes. This is great for 3 reasons:
- The fillers and perfumes are usually the cause for allergic reactions and skin sensitivities.
- The fillers that stay in your clothes contribute to fading and thinning of the fabric of the clothes, so your favorite black shirt quickly turns fades and stretches out. The Norwex detergent doesn’t have fillers so your clothes will stay looking newer, longer. You may even notice a reduction of lint in your dryer lint trap – the lint is the fabric that is degraded enough to “fall off” your clothes.
- The fillers from store brand laundry soap increase the amount of static you will have when you dry your clothes in the dryer, and the filler residue will leave your clothes “crunchy” if you dry your clothes on a clothesline. The Norwex detergent leaves no filler residue, so your clothes have less static in the dryer, and are less stiff on the clothesline. For even softer, fluffier clothes, use the Norwex Dryer Balls in the dryer!
- It’s Phosphate free and doesn’t have chlorine or bleach
- The detergent is certified HE (High Efficiency), so it’s great for front load washing machines and agitator free top-load washers
- And the MOST fabulous thing about the Norwex Laundry Detergent? The disgusting smell from your front load washing machine will be gone!
This product deserves 5 huge stars – it’s one of the Norwex products that I couldn’t live without!
I’d love to hear your laundry, detergent, and washing machine stories, and if you’ve used the Norwex Detergent, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it in the comments section below!
If you’re new to making your laundry routine healthier, Norwex has a whole line of “clean” laundry products for every laundry job you could encounter! I’ve reviewed them all